Each year the district subscribes to certain online databases. Students may use these databases for research at school and at home. Please contact, Krista Saulter, if you have any questions about databases available to Primary students.
Passwords for the databases are available through the Destiny online catalog or from library staff.
LVISD Online Public Access Card Catalog (also known as Destiny) –
All students have access to Destiny and personalized accounts. To access Destiny, student’s should use their ID number as their username and password.
-There are over 15 separate databases that are available through the TexQuest subscription.
- Student Resources in Context
- Informe Academico
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Academic OneFile
- National Geographic Kids – PRIMARY STUDENTS
- Student Resource Center: Junior
- Literature Resource Center
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL)
- GVRL Scribner Writers Series
- GVRL Twayne’s Authors Series
- Kids InfoBits – PRIMARY STUDENTS
- Health and Wellness Resource Center
- Educator’s Reference Complete
Matthew Adams Digital Resources
– There are two different databases available through Matthew Adams Digital, both of which provide a bank of rich primary resources and unique historical content not found anywhere else.
American West: This database provides resources and content related to the American West.
American Indian Histories and Culture: This database provides resources and content related to Native American tribes, cultures and history.
The district has access through select EBSCOHost databases through our partnership with Region 20. The databases available are as follows:
- K-8 eBook Collection
- HS eBook Collection
- Novelist K-8 Plus
- Points of View Reference Center
- English Language Learner Reference Center
- Biographies Reference Center
This is an online encyclopedia that provides information, graphics, videos on a variety of reading levels on a wide variety of topics.
Additional Valuable Resources for Primary Students
Brain Pop Jr—
BrainPOP Jr creates animated, curricular content that engages students, supports educators, and bolsters achievement. BrainPOP supports individual, team, and whole-class learning. At school and in informal learning environments, Website:www.brainpopjr.com
Our award winning PebbleGo database offer interactive navigation, on-level content, reading supports, learning activities and are correlated to states standards. Students enjoy expertly leveled, fully narrated texts.
TumbleBookLibrary is an online collection of animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love. TumbleBooks are created by adding animation, sound, music and narration to existing picture books in order to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you.
(Passwords will be sent home with the library brochure during Meet the Teacher night. If you need help gaining access, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to the Destiny program. Usernames and passwords are listed on the “Home” tab.)